Sunday, April 11, 2021

Large Super Bowl Parties and Required Forms

With the Super Bowl only days away, we want to remind our residents that if you are having a Super Bowl party at your home or business you may need to file a tent permit, mass gathering notification, or noise exemption application with the City.  Here’s when you need to fill out these forms:

  • You will need to fill out and submit a Tent Permit if you are putting a tent up at your home or business if the tent is over 200 square feet.  An inspection is required by the Fire Marshal’s office.
  • You will need to file a Mass Gathering Notification with Southlake Police Services if you are having a gathering of 300 people ore more (but less than 1,000).  Events with greater than 1,000 guests must obtain a Special Use Permit from the Planning Department.  This registration form is not a permit, the host must still comply with all Laws and Ordinances of the City of Southlake and the State of Texas.
  • If you are having an event that creates a noise that would otherwise constitute a nuisance or violation, a Noise Exemption Permit must be filed.  You must also provide written notice to all property owners/occupants within 200 feet of the property where the noise will be originating.