In response to increasing requests for information on how to donate to assist firefighters currently battling wildfires throughout Texas, Southlake DPS has put together a list of recommended nonprofit organizations currently accepting donations to specifically aid in providing assistance to firefighters and victims of the Texas Wildfires. Please check back for more donation opportunities as the situation progresses.
- Palo Pinto County Emergency Services is currently accepting financial donations and certain requested items. Please view their press release for more information.
- The American Red Cross Chisholm Trail Chapter is currently accepting donations to aid in running shelters and providing respite services to those fighting the fires. You can donate here and make sure to select the “Texas Wildfires” option.
- The Texas Baptist Men are also taking donations for bottled water for the firefighters and victims of the wildfires. You can find more information here.
- The Texas Department of Agriculture is currently accepting donations to assist the farmers and ranchers who have lost livestock in the fires. You can find more information on the STAR fund here.
- The Salvation Army is also providing assistance during the wildfires. For more information on their wildfire services please visit their website or mail checks to Salvation Army of Texas, Attn: Texas Wildfire Relief, P.O. Box 36607, Dallas, TX 75235.
We also recommend checking the legitimacy and status of any new, unaffiliated, entities set up to accept donations online.
For further questions you may call Southlake Fire Services at 817-748-8106.