The forensics team spent their weekend at The Hockaday School bringing home more awards.
Congratulations goes to the following students for their hard work:
- Anthony Munson – Top Speaker in Novice Lincoln-Douglas Debate and Top 8
- Michael Kohm – Top 16 in Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Arvind Venkataraman – 1st in U.S. Extemporaneous Speaking
- Megan Schippmann – 1st in Congressional Debate and 2nd in International Extemporaneous Speaking
- Kevin O’Brien – 23d in Congressional Debate and 2nd in International Extemporaneous Speaking
- Nate Pisik – 2nd in Congressional Debate
- Daniella Cohen – 9th in Congressional Debate
- Nick Lowrimore – 8th in Congressional Debate
- Tim Dominguez – 10th in Congressional Debate
- Lydia Francis – 2nd in Original Oratory
- Sean Armas and Natalie Miano – 2nd in Duet Acting
- Sean Armas and Jake Pannell – 2nd in Duo Interpretation
Linda Forbes is the Debate Team sponsor. To read more about the team’s winning season, visit other stories posted to MySouthlakeNews.com by clicking here. You can also find more information about the team and upcoming competitions on the Dragon Debate website.