Carroll High School’s Summer 2012 Driver’s Education Program registration deadline is Monday, April 9. Registration forms may be returned to Coach Niki Gilley at Carroll Senior High School, Coach Justin Leonard at Carroll High School, or the front office of either school by Monday, April 9. If you have any questions, please contact: Niki Gilley at 817-949-5859 or 817-602-8250.
Registration Form: http://www.southlakecarroll.edu/files/DriversEdReg2012.pdf
Basic Driver’s Education Information
– The Driver’s Education Program at Carroll High School requires students to complete 4 law classes before taking the written test at the DMV for their learners permit.
– The classes will be held at Carroll High School from 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on the following dates – Monday April 9th, Monday April 16th, Monday April 23rd and Monday April 30th. Also with the law classes they MUST take the summer course as well to attain the required paper work for their license.
– Make up classes (for absences) are held every Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. at the high school room E103.
– Summer classes will be Monday through FRIDAY starting June 4th and ending June 22nd at Dragon Stadium.
– Two consecutive hours a day are required (one hour of classroom instruction followed by one hour of driving)
– Parents must document 20 hours of driving with their child before receiving their driving test. We will provide a log sheet.
– Students must be 15 years old before June 4th 2012.
– Total cost for the program is $325. The full amount or a deposit of $100 must be paid to reserve your 2-hour time block (first come, first serve basis.)
– Please make checks payable to: Carroll ISD. This money is non-refundable.
– At the completion of this program, students will receive a certificate that may entitle them to a 10 % discount with most insurance agencies.
– Students will be driving brand new 2011 cars or trucks.
– This program can be scheduled around summer school/ camps/ tournaments/ and short vacations.
The Driver’s Education Program includes:
-Practice questions for the written test
– Street lessons for student driver’s
– A driving range in a controlled area
– A minimum of 32 hours of classroom instruction and 7 hours behind the wheel.
– All instructors are certified through the Texas Education Agency.