Tarrant County Elections Administrator Steve Raborn is encouraging voters to participate in the general election to be held Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Early voting for the November 6 elections ends Friday, November 2.
Raborn is also encouraging voters who cast their ballots on election day to “do their homework” before heading out to vote. Many voters are in new voting precincts this year due to redistricting; and many polling places have changed since the primary elections. Voters are encouraged to double-check the location of their election day polling place before going to the polls. Voters may find their polling place by visiting the Tarrant County Elections website located at www.tarrantcounty.com/elections or by calling the Tarrant County Elections Department at 817-831-VOTE (8683).
Voters should also be prepared to show identification at the polling place. Any of the following items will suffice as identification at the polling place:
• a voter registration certificate;
• a driver’s license or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to the person by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;
• a form of identification containing the person’s photograph that establishes the person’s identity (such as an employee badge or student identification card);
• a birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
• United States citizenship papers issued to the person;
• a United States passport issued to the person;
• official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity; a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter.