This year, Veterans Day is on a Sunday. The weekend holiday has allowed Carroll ISD schools to honor the country’s veterans on different days. Though the years, CISD faculty, staff and students have celebrated veterans through musical performances, guest speakers and videos. Below is a list of Carroll campuses and their planned Veterans Day events and activities. The slideshow below features pictures taken during Veterans Day events the morning of Friday, Nov. 9.
Friday, Nov. 9
- Johnson Elementary School will host two student assemblies. Kindergarten through second grade will be from 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Grades 3 and 4 will have their assembly from 8:45 a.m.- 9:15 a.m.
- Walnut Grove Elementary School welcomes Dawson Middle School principal Ryan Wilson for the grand finale of its Veterans Day program. Over 120 fourth grade students will sing. The performance begins at 8:30 a.m. Click here to print the flyer.
- Eubanks Intermediate School plans to Skype with two members of the U.S. military during the school assembly at 9 a.m. in the gym.
- Carroll Middle School also has an hour long Veterans Day celebration, scheduled to start at 9 a.m.
- Dawson Middle School hosts its annual Veterans Day Assembly in the afternoon. The program begins at 3 p.m. and should last about an hour.
Monday, Nov. 12
- Carroll Elementary School students and staff celebrate Veterans Day during a special event starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Old Union Elementary School will host two Veterans Day programs to accommodate busy schedules. The first is at 8:30 a.m. and the second is at 6:00 p.m. Both will be inside the school cafeteria.
- Carroll High School hosts a Veterans Day Celebration at 10:30 a.m. The program should last about 45 minutes.
- Carroll Senior High School welcomes a guest speaker and featured performances from the choir as well as student artwork during a Veterans Day ceremony from 10:30 a.m.- 11:20 a.m.
- Durham Intermediate School plans a Veterans day Assembly in the campus gym from 2:45- 3:40p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13
- Rockenbaugh Elementary School welcomes friends and family to two separate performances featuring third grade students. The first performance is at 2 p.m. and the second is at 7 p.m. Both performances will be in the cafeteria and are expected to last about an hour.