This year's Hall of Honor inductees Kris Brown, Chauncey Willingham, Dane Johnson and Ken. The late Gene Stanford was also inducted.
Just before school was dismissed for the summer on Wednesday, Carroll Senior High School hosted the annual Athletic Awards Day to recognize this year’s Hall of Honor Inductees, student-athletes and coaches.
Hall of Honor Inductees Dane Johnston, Kris Brown, Chauncey Willingham, Ken Cook, and the late Gene Stanford’s wife were in person at the ceremony to be honored. The CSHS Student Activity Center was packed with student-athletes who received the “C” Award, recognizing Carroll character, tri-sport athletes, and three-year and four-year letter winners, among other prestigious awards.
2012-2013 Athletic awards and winners listed below:
- Dragon Award for Female Athlete of the Year – Courtney Kriegshauser, Cross Country and Track
- Dragon Award for Male Athlete of the Year – Bryce Klein, Diving
- Women’s Team of the Year – Lady Dragon Soccer
- Men’s Team of the Year – Cross Country
- Sportsmanship Award – Lady Dragon Basketball
- Middle School Girls’ Coach of the Year – Julie Davison, DMS
- Middle School Boys’ Coach of the Year – Jarrett Bates, CMS
- Highest Team GPA – Lady Dragon Soccer
- Female Highest Individual GPA – Tanya Ittiruck, Swim
- Male Highest Individual GPA – Joseph Formella, Football