NorthGate will be closing DFW Connector freeway main lanes in several locations this weekend for repair work. The closures will affect drivers coming in and out of Southlake.
These closures are needed to replace highway shield pavement markers that were damaged by ice removal operations during the recent winter storm, as well as to repair damage from a auto accident several months ago. This is expected to be the last major closure on the project, except for future FM 2499/International Parkway work. Affected lanes may reopen early as work is completed.
- Eastbound 114 to Northbound 121 bridge will have a FULL CLOSURE all day on Saturday, March 1 (Friday 11:30 p.m. to Saturday 11:30 p.m.) Northbound 121 traffic will be detoured to I-635 to turn around at Royal Lane.
- Westbound 114/Southbound 121 between Texan Trail and Main Street will have one lane open and five lanes closed all day on Saturday, March 1 (Friday 11:30 p.m.to Sat 11:30 p.m.). All ramps will remain open.
- Eastbound 114 between Kimball Ave and SH 26 will have one lane open and two lanes closed from 9:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28 to 6:00 a.m. on Monday, March 3rd. The eastbound on-ramp from Kimball Avenue will be closed, but all other ramps will remain open.
Lane closures for the morning of Friday, February 28th include:
- Eastbound SH 114 frontage at FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Single left lane closed on eastbound SH 114 frontage road east and west of FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard for grading work. One lane will remain open.
- Westbound SH 114 frontage road at FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Single left lane will be closed on westbound SH 114 frontage road east and west of FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard for grading work.. Two lanes will remain open.
- FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard Bridge 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., U-turn closed on FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard from westbound SH 114 frontage road to eastbound SH 114 frontage road for grading work.
There are other closures planned all around the connector. Please visit the DFW Connector’s lane closure page for more information.