UPDATE 8:05 a.m. 2/28 – Although TxDOT treated SH 114 last night, and Southlake road crews are out this morning, many roads remain covered with snow and ice. Drivers are warned to take their time and slow down if they have be out on the roads. Republic Services advises that a few neighborhoods were missed Friday evening. They will be out later today after the temperatures warm up to pickup the remainder of Friday’s collections.
As a reminder, the Southlake Library will be closed today. Please check City of Southlake Facebook and Twitter for continually updated information.
- Republic Waste Services has suspended Friday collections until snowfall stops. Any remaining collections will be picked up Saturday (2/28)
- Southlake Public Library closed at noon (2/27) and closed Saturday (2/28)
- Municipal Court and Utility Billing will close at 3 p.m.
- All other City of Southlake offices will remain open with reduced staff levels
- Bob Jones Community Picnic Celebrating Black History Month – Cancelled
Weather and Road Conditions
This is the most up-to-date information from the National Weather Service regarding the current winter weather impacting our region:
- There is about one more hour of consistent snowfall expected. By 12:30-1:00, it will begin to taper off and will remain intermittent the rest of the day.
- Snowfall accumulation is still expected to be in the 1-2″ range.
- Road conditions will not improve or necessarily worsen.
- Traffic is a completely different issue with multiple wrecks and delays occurring at this time.
- Please see the attached driving tips for driving in icy conditions.
- We will not be above freezing until Saturday after 2:00pm.
- Late this afternoon, we expect freezing drizzle/rain to start between 6 and 7.
- Expected accumulation is expected to be around 1/10″ at this time.
Click to enlarge.