Although Black Friday is synonymous with holiday shopping sales for big brands, Small Business Saturday is not to be overlooked. Many small businesses will offer special discounts and promotions during the one-day celebration of local retailers on Saturday, November 26.
Owned and managed by members of the community, independent shops and restaurants form the backbone of many local economies, including Southlake. With dozens of small businesses offering unique assortments of products and services, here are a few examples of how you can shop small in Southlake this Saturday:
- Accents—Located at 1251 Main Street, the clothing shop offers a curated collection of trendy, eclectic indie brands. With the philosophy that style should reflect the unique and interesting aspects of life, Accents offers an exclusive selection of clothing, handbags, and jewelry.
- Blue Pomegranate Gallery—Located at 1236 Prospect Street, the gallery is described as an inviting place with “art that makes you smile.” Shoppers will discover handcrafted fine art, fine craft, and gifts—many of which are made from ‘up- cycled’ items.
- Elaine Turner—Located at 311 Grand Avenue East, the clothing specialty shop aspires to empower customers to feel beautiful inside and out, with an opportunity to be charitable while enjoying accessible fashion. The store is named after its owner, an avid supporter of breast cancer awareness.
- Leigh’s—Located at 1234 Main Street, the boutique offers high quality apparel, handbags, and accessories for the contemporary woman. E.Leigh’s strives to provide fashion-forward woman with the perfect complements to a fabulous wardrobe.
- Lauren James—Located at 1252 Main Street, the store offers uniquely styled clothing perfect for everyday occasions and once-in-a-lifetime events—everything from collegiate apparel to bridesmaid dresses.
- Malouf’s—Located at 190 State Street, the fine clothing retailer has showcased the latest fashions from around the world for nearly 70 years, and offers shoppers unparalleled customer service and a friendly staff.
- Sunshine Glaze—Located at 1246 Main Street, the bright and cheery creative art studio offers a wide selection of ready to paint pottery, mosaics, glass fusing, and mixed media wood art.
- Sweet & Sassy—Located at 1246 Main Street, the salon and spa specializes in trendy haircuts for kids, makeovers, and even offers birthday parties, complete with a hot pink limo for transporting party guests in style.
- Whole Earth Provision Company—Located at 321 State Street, the specialty retailer offers a broad array of innovative, high-quality products for people who are commitment to learning about, experiencing, preserving, and enjoying the outdoors.
Support small businesses in a big way through shopping small on Saturday, November 26. With unique product offerings and exceptional customer service, it pays to shop small in Southlake. By keeping money local, the community is able to thrive.