After receiving and analyzing over 600 parents, staff and student feedback responses through Let’s Talk, Carroll ISD recommended an option for the 2019-2020 school calendar to the School Board at the January 14 Board Meeting.
In December, Carroll ISD asked the community for feedback on the two different proposed calendar options. During the open feedback period, just under 400 of the 610 responses were in favor of option two. The only change that was made to Option 2 before being submitted to the Board was the movement of the end of year elementary half day to the first week of school. Elementary staff requested this change to ensure there was enough time to do their beginning of the year evaluation with students.
Ultimately, after a question and answer period, the Board approved and adopted Option Two as the calendar for 2018-2019 by a vote of 7-0.
Click here to view the 2019-2020 calendar.
Important Dates in the 2019-2020 Calendar:
- First Day of School – Monday, August 19, 2019
- Preschool – 4th Grade Early Release Days – August 19-August 23
- Labor Day Holiday – September 2, 2019
- Professional Staff Development Day/No School for Students – Friday, October 11, 2019
- Staff Flex Day/No School for Students – Monday, October 14, 2019 (gives students a 4-day weekend and CISD staff a 3-day weekend)
- Thanksgiving Break — Monday, November 25 – Friday, November 29, 2019 (November 25 and 26 – staff flex days)
- Four semester exam days are scheduled as follows:
- December 16 and 17 – semester exam days for grades 7-12
- December 18 and 19 – semester exam days for grades 7-12, early release days for grades 5-12
- Campus Staff Development Day – December 20, 2019
- Winter break — Monday, December 23, 2019, through Friday, January 3, 2020
- CISD staff would return to work on Monday, January 6
- Students would return on Tuesday, January 7
- MLK Holiday – Monday, January 20, 2020
- Bad Weather days — Friday, February 14, 2020, and Friday, April 10, 2020
- Student Holiday/Staff Professional Development Day- Feb. 17, 2020
- Spring Break — March 9-13 2020
- Student Holiday/Staff Professional Development Day- March 16, 2020
- Memorial Day – May 25, 2020
- Four final exam days:
- May 22, 2020 – final exam days for grades 7-12 (single exams given during 4th/8th blocks)
- May 26, 2020 – final exam days for grades 7-12 (single exams given during 4th/8th blocks)
- May 27, 2020 – final exams for grades 7-12 (3 Exams per Day), early release day for 7-12 grades
- May 28, 2020 – final exams for grades 7-12 (3 Exams per Day), early release day for grade 5 – 12
- Graduation/Teacher Work Day – Friday, May 29, 2020
Other actions that were taken at the January 14 School Board Meeting include:
- CISD Staff and Students recognized the CISD School Board for their hard work for School Board Recognition
- Trustees approved the 2017-2018 audit and annual financial statements as presented by Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services Scott Wrehe.
- Board approved the purchase of classroom audio-video equipment for the classroom additions from the 2017 Carroll Bond.
- Trustees approve $465,288 for security glass improvements at CHS and CSHS with the City of Southlake to reimburse Carroll ISD $232,534. The remaining $232,754 to be paid using remaining 2017 Bond funds, the interest that has been earned on the proceeds of 2017 Bond funds, or from the fund balance of the general fund.
To view the agenda of this and all CISD Board Meetings, click here. To view the archived video of the Board meetings, click here.