Egg hunts, social celebrations and visiting friends and family may seem out of the question this year with social distancing in place. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun.
Here are six ideas to help you have an eggcellent holiday with your loved ones while staying safe.
- Order Dinner. Take a break from cooking Sunday dinner this year and help support your local Southlake restaurants. Some restaurants even have specials for this weekend! Check out the list here.
- Holiday Crafts. A hands-on activity is a great way for family members of any age and skill level to tap into their creative side. Check out some cool craft ideas on the Experience Southlake Facebook page.
- Backyard Egg Hunt. Let’s have an egg hunt in your backyard! This is a fun and simple way for your kids to get a little fresh air and a change of scenery.
- Neighborhood Egg Hunt. Let’s go beyond the backyard! Organize a neighborhood Egg Hunt! Let the neighborhood kids color one of our coloring book eggs, hang it in your window on Sunday and count how many eggs you find as you walk around the neighborhood for some exercise!
- Video Call. Keeping grandma and grandpa safe is a top priority. Schedule a video call with relatives and friends to let them know how much you miss them and how happy you are that they are safe.
- Movie Night. Stream your favorite classic movie while cozying up on the couch. Some services even allow you to organize a group watch party so everyone can watch while safe at their own homes.
To help our community find the latest news and resources on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, the City has created an information page on its website at www.ProtectSouthlake.com. Bookmark this page for easy, quick access to the information you need to stay on top of how the City is responding.