The Southlake Mobility Team wants you to stay in-the-know with road construction on N. White Chapel Boulevard.
As construction moves forward, it’s important to be familiar with the terminology used to describe the process.
Below is a list of common terms utilized to describe road construction on N. White Chapel.
- Inlet Protection – A structure that directs stormwater into underground drainage systems.
- Retaining Wall – A wall designed to support soil laterally on both sides.
- Road Grading – Grading takes place when a road or driving surface needs to be restored. Contractors utilize a grading tool to remove potholes and other road irregularities.
- Milling Subgrade – Layer of native soil such as rock or earth in which the road will be laid.
- Subbase – Layer of gravel on top of the subgrade.
- Excavation – A hole or cavity dug underground.
For more information, including updates, follow the Southlake Mobility Facebook page or visit www.ConnectSouthlake.com