Saturday, August 20, 2022

Call for Volunteers – Be a Part of Southlake’s Boards and Commissions

Do you want to be part of the City of Southlake team?  The City Council is seeking residents who want to be engaged in their community and help support the City Council in their mission.

The City has current vacancies on the Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustment.  If you have an interest in these positions, please complete an application and submit to the City Secretary by March 4, 2013.  The Council will interview prospective applicants and appoint members to fulfill the vacancies at their March 19, 2013 meeting.

On June 18, 2013, the Mayor and Council will make appointments to the Building Board of AppealsParks and Recreation Board,Planning and Zoning CommissionSouthlake Parks Development Corporation, and Zoning Board of Adjustment.

Citizens interested in helping their local government in the areas of regard to park facilities, zoning cases, and commercial or residential development are encouraged to complete an application for a board or commission.  Applications may be obtained from the City’s website.

Each appointment is for a term of two years, unless appointed to fulfill an existing vacancy for an unexpired term. It takes a team to run a City, and City Council wants you to be a part of our team. If you have the desire and the commitment to devote to our community, please complete an application and e-mail ( or fax (817).748.8270 to the City Secretary’s Office.

You can also mail or hand-deliver your application to the City Secretary’s Office, 1400 Main Street, Suite 270, Southlake, Texas 76092.  Applications must be received no later than May 5.