The readers of Living Magazine recently voted Southlake’s Premiere Bicentennial Park, 2019’s Best Park in Northeast Tarrant County. Bicentennial Park is one of Southlake’s largest parks and is home to more than 17 features including The Marq Southlake.
Here are seven reasons why WE think Bicentennial Park is the Best Park in Northeast Tarrant County.
1. Bicentennial Park is home to the Southlake Tennis Center and brand new Club House. The Tennis Center is the largest public tennis facility in Northeast Tarrant County housing 19 lighted hard courts. The award-winning public tennis center will be opening two newly renovated enclosed courts. Be sure to take a break during tournaments in the lounge area, purchase equipment and clothing inside the clubhouse or fill up at the ice machine. The Southlake Tennis Center is open seven days a week and maintains a full schedule year-round with adult league play, a junior program for all ages and levels, private group lessons, and tournaments.
City of Southlake Tennis Center at Bicentennial Park
2. Bicentennial Park is home to our brand new facility The Marq Southlake, including Champions Club and Legends Hall. Legends Hall is home to the incredible Southlake Senior Center and if you’re planning on hosting an event then be sure to book the spectacular ballroom. Champions Club celebrated its grand opening in April 2019. Champions Club is open to the community through memberships providing services such as, fitness and performance classes, an indoor pool, a movie theater, and a variety of programs and athletics. Some of the facilities amenities include an indoor playroom for the kids, family and individual locker rooms and an indoor and outdoor turf facility. So, whether you’re indulging in a late afternoon workout or a movie night with the family The Marq is the place for you.
The Marq Southlake at Bicentennial Park
3. Bicentennial Park is home to the Zen and peaceful Liberty Gardens but also includes some of the greatest landscape in North Texas. Liberty Gardens provide everyone with the opportunity to relax and take a break from their busy schedules. Located on the east side of the park and only accessible by foot don’t miss out on the opportunity to bask in the warm Texas sun.
Liberty Gardens at Bicentennial Park
4. Bicentennial Park is home to the Texas Rangers Miracle League Field. One of the first of its kind, The Miracle League of Southlake was launched in the fall 2015 and served 152 young athletes on 12 teams. The League provides opportunities for children with disabilities to participate in America’s favorite pastime. The field is intended to provide opportunities to a greater number of children. The Miracle League is a unique facility that brings a smile to these incredible players and their families.
The Miracle League Field at Bicentennial Park ©miracleleagueofsouthlake.com
5. One of the communities favorite features would be the incredible playground located near the south entrance of the park. One unique quality of the park is that it’s completely gated and receives multiple safety checks a year. Bring the kids and sit with ease knowing that they are enjoying fresh air safely inside the gates. Of course, the park contains traditional amenities such as swings, slides and jungle gyms. More importantly, the park is home to the coveted mother dragon. If you haven’t, be sure to indulge in the safe and friendly atmosphere of the city’s premiere playground.
Playground at Bicentennial Park
6. Bicentennial Park has plenty of parking to accommodate those heavy traffic days conveniently located at the center of all of the parks features. The parking at Bicentennial Park gives you access to the park and fields from two directions.
Main Parking Lot at Bicentennial Park
7. Visitors have the opportunity to indulge in nature by taking advantage of the multi-use trails that stretch across Bicentennial Park. The Park covers 1,200 total park acres and six miles of Park Trails. Explore everything we have to offer by strolling past the coveted baseball fields, hear the laughter from the playground or take in the landscape. Whether you want to indulge in the Texas sun or you need to get your steps in, the trails at Bicentennial can help.
The Trails at Bicentennial Park
Bicentennial Park is one of the many great things about Southlake, TX. Bicentennial Park is spectacular and the city is continuously focused on providing world-class experiences. Let Bicentennial Park be the premier destination for lifelong memories. For more information click here to see our city featured in Living Magazine.
Join the City of Southlake Senior Activity Center at the Dogwood Trails Celebration and enjoy the beautiful dogwoods blooming among the hills and piney woods in Palestine, TX.
The Southlake Senior Activity Center bus will depart from the Senior Center on Friday, April 4, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. and will return at 5:30 p.m. Please note that the arrival and return times are subject to change.
This year will mark the 76th celebration of Dogwood Trails. This historical event attracts tourists to Palestine to learn about the beauty of the dogwood tree and enjoy entertainment, theatre productions, architectural scavenger hunts, wine tastings and much more! View the event brochure for the full activities schedule at the Dogwood Trails Celebration.
The transportation cost for this event is $7.00. All other costs (lunch, souvenirs, etc.) are not covered. If you are interested in signing up for this exciting outing (participants must be 55+), you can register at the Southlake Senior Activity Center, located at 307 Parkwood Drive. Please call (817) 748-8315 if you would like more information.